How to make herbal tea with stems
If you have ever grown your own weed, you’ve probably ended up with a bunch of leftover stalks and you don’t know what to do with them. You can make a batch of canna butter with some of your stems, but another option is to make cannabis stem tea, a quick and easy way to use them up and make something tasty.
Cannabis stem tea can be prepared in different ways depending on the effects you want to achieve, which can be mildly psychoactive or simply flavored like the cannabis plant.
The easiest method for weed stalk tea is simply to grind the stems and use them in place of any loose tea. Simply boil the water and add your stems using a metal tea infuser or reusable tea bag, letting them steep for several minutes before straining and cooling. You can do this with just the stems, or you can add other loose leaf teas like peppermint, black tea, or green tea for more flavor. Once your tea has cooled, you can add cream, cinnamon or sugar to taste. This type of cannabis stem tea will not be psychoactive because cannabinoids like THC are fat soluble and not water soluble, but it still makes a tasty cup of herbal tea.
If a simple brewed stem tea isn’t what you’re looking for, you can use a slightly different method with a full-fat milk, which will extract cannabinoids and flavonoids and can be added to any cup of hot tea.
- ¼ cup cannabis stems (more or less depending on the strength desired)
- 1 cup half and half
- 3 cups of water
- Loose tea (we recommend black or chai tea which goes well with milk)
- Grind the stems with a coffee grinder to increase surface area and extract more cannabinoids.
- Add half and half to a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground stalks to the milk and boil for 6-8 minutes, stirring often to avoid overboiling or burning.
- Strain the milk and herb mixture into a cup using a coffee or tea filter until you have about half a cup of liquid.
- It may take a few minutes for all the liquid to pass through the filter, so be patient.
- Brew 3 cups of your favorite tea to mix with the milk mixture, ideally a black tea like chai that tastes great with milk. To further mask the potent milk blend, double the amount of tea leaves you would normally brew.
- Mix ¼ cup of your half and half mixture with tea in a large mug and sweeten with raw honey or sugar as needed. Enjoy!
How to make cannabis tea with flowers
Cannabis tea can also be made from dried flowers that are ground up for smoking. It will be much more potent and psychoactive than tea made with stems.because the butter used will extract more THC and other cannabinoids.
Here is what you will need:
- ½ gram of ground cannabis flowers
- ½ teaspoon of butter
- 1 ½ cups of water
- Honey, to taste
- Metal tea infuser or reusable tea bag
- Mix your buds and butter and place the mixture in the tea ball or bag.
- Add the water to a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, avoiding a full boil.
- Simmer the tea bag in the water for 25 to 30 minutes, watching the heat closely and reducing it if the water begins to boil. Add more water if it gets weak to keep it from drying out.
- For a tea that doesn’t taste like pure cannabis, drop in a green or black tea bag of your choice for the last 3 minutes of simmering.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, remove the bag and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Add honey or sugar to taste. Be sure to sip slowly and remember that the effects can take up to an hour to kick in.
The potency of your cannabis flower infusion will depend on the quality of the buds you use.the amount in each cup, your tolerance level and experience with cannabis, and various other factors.
#Weed #Tea #Recipes #Brands