Cannabis News

Using Water Pills to Pass a Drug Test


If you’re here wondering How to pass a drug test, we have another myth on the internet: water pills. Can you use them for a drug test? Will they help eliminate THC from your system? Read on to find out if there is any validity to this home remedy or if it is just another internet myth.

What are water pills?

Of course, these aren’t literally capsules full of water, but another name for a diuretic supplement. There are many over-the-counter versions, like Diurex, and there are also pharmaceutical-grade prescriptions. Your doctor may prescribe this type of medicine for:

  • Edema – Diuretics can help reduce swelling in the legs.
  • Kidney disorders – Diuretics will help your kidneys eliminate excess water.
  • liver problems – Cirrhosis can cause fluid buildup, requiring diuretics.
  • Glaucoma – Release eye pressure by reducing fluid retention.
  • Arterial pressure – Diuretics are one of the most common prescriptions for lowering blood pressure.

There are many other reasons one might take water pills as they have a range of functions in the body. The purpose of taking diuretics is to increase urination and release body fluids faster than you would by drinking water.

How do water pills work?

Diuretics help your body eliminate salt and water. Diuretics stimulate the kidneys to pass sodium into the urine, bringing extra fluids with it. Sodium (salt) removes water from the blood, removing excess fluid from your bloodstream as it passes through your veins and arteries.

Diuretics work very well as diuretics, but if taken in excess they can cause life-threatening issues due to low potassium levels in your blood. Side effects of diuretics include dizziness, headache, dehydration, impotence, gout, and muscle cramps.

Can you use water pills to detoxify THC?

Unless you take a breach of tolerance, you probably want to detox from THC to pass a drug test. You have probably read about activated charcoal, apple cider vinegar or Certo to pass a test. Now you wonder if water pills are the magic bullet. Here’s what we know.

How the body processes and stores THC

When you smoke cannabis, it enters your lungs and passes through your bronchial tubes and alveoli. From there, it enters your bloodstream and is absorbed by your soft tissues and organs. THC has a special affinity for the brain, causing the “high” associated with weed. It is also found in fat cells, where THC metabolites will persist for up to 30 days.

Eating THC Edibles follows a similar process, except that instead of entering the lungs, it is digested by the stomach and then processed by the liver. Once the THC is used, the metabolites are stored in the fat cells of the body.

How the Body Detoxifies THC

THC is only in the blood for a short time. It is a fat-soluble compound, which is why it binds so easily to fat cells. These small deposits are recirculated through the body once the fat cells are used for energy, and the THC metabolites leave the body via waste. Studies show that 65% of cannabis leaves via faeces and 35% via urine.

Since most drug tests are done by urinalysis, it is especially important to urinate cleanly. This is why water pills for drug testing have become a popular theory. However, while water pills certainly increase urination frequency, they cannot extract excess THC from fat cells in the body. Therefore, taking diuretics will not result in passing a drug test.

Best Options for THC Detox

Since drug testing is still an unfortunate reality for many people, it’s wise to have a plan in place in case you need to detox. The first step is to immediately stop using all cannabis products. Yes, even CBD, Delta-8, Delta-10and all other cannabinoids.

  • If you have enough notice, let your body detox naturally. Support your system by avoid certain foodsdrink plenty of water, get enough sleep, exercise more, and eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
  • When there is a shorter window of opportunity to clean up your system, invest in a detox kit to help your body flush a little faster. It is always recommended to maintain the above healthy lifestyle habits to support your system.
  • For drug tests that come with little warning, take a Same day cleanser. It’s wise to keep one on hand in case of an emergency!

Finally, we wish you the best of luck on your detox journey and hope that you won’t be tested anytime soon. If so, we hope this information has helped you make the right choice for yourself.





#Water #Pills #Pass #Drug #Test

Related Posts

Leave a Reply