Thanksgiving (or should I say Danksgiving) is near, and that means the time for friends, family, and hearty food is finally here! Just because Thanksgiving is traditionally celebrated with wholesome activities doesn’t mean you can’t shake things up this year with sheet buyerThanksgiving edible recipes. End your holiday tradition with a dinner that’s as powerful as it is delicious. These three edible Thanksgiving recipes are guaranteed to give you the canna-coldest holiday you already had. Not only are they incredibly easy to make, but they’ll also knock your weed-loving dinner guests’ socks off! So pull out your favorite strain and your cannabutter and get ready to cook, because Leafbuyer has the three edible Thanksgiving recipes you need for this year’s Danksgiving Day celebrations.
A traditional Thanksgiving meal isn’t complete without a good stuffing to go with it. Packed with the flavor of sausage, spices and the turkey itself, the stuffing is ideal for a small infusion of cannabis. Choose an earthy, woody, or even slightly lemony cannabis strain for this recipe – perhaps the classic OG Kush! If you’re a stuffing lover, here’s an edible Thanksgiving recipe you can’t miss:
- 2 loaves of sourdough bread
- 1 loaf of wholemeal bread
- 1/2 cup cannabutter
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 lb sausage meat
- 5 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp powdered sage
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- To make your stuffing, leave the bread stale on the counter for an hour before you start baking. When they become slightly hard, cut the bread into quarter-inch pieces and set aside in a large bowl.
- Over medium heat, cook the sausage meat until the fat is melted and the meat is just crispy and turns brown. Remove the sausage from the skillet and set aside. Discard any excess fat from the pan at this point.
- In the same skillet as before, cook your onion over low heat, stirring frequently, for about seven to 10 minutes or until translucent. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with the chicken broth and bring the liquid to a boil. Add the cannabutter and continue heating until all the butter has melted, then remove the mixture from the heat and set aside.
- Add the sausage, onion, celery and spices to the bowl with the bread and mix until all the ingredients are evenly dispersed. Pour the cannabutter broth over all the stuffing mixture until the bread is slightly moist, but not wet.
- Cook either inside the Danksgiving Turkey or in a separate baking sheet at 350 degrees for about an hour. Be sure to cover the stuffing with foil if using a baking sheet – this will keep the stuffing moist!
Groovy Danksgiving Sauce
If you are looking for a game-changing edible recipe for Thanksgiving so look no further than Leafbuyer Cannabis Infused Sauce. Just about any sauce can be enhanced with a little cannabis infusion, and this sauce is no different. Perfect for turning an otherwise traditional turkey dinner into a weed-packed meal in every bite. Even better? Weed Infused Sauce is by far the easiest of our Thanksgiving Edible Recipes. Can someone say “puff puff pass (the sauce)?”
- 3 tablespoons of cannabutter
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon sage powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Thanksgiving turkey jus (optional, but so good)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the cannabutter in a saucepan over low heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 10 minutes. Stir frequently and be sure not to let the onion burn!
- Once the onion is cooked, add your flour to the pan and stir to evenly coat each piece of onion. Continue stirring over low heat for a minute or two to cook the flour, then add the broth, sage and thyme. Increase the heat to medium and bring to a boil.
- Reduce sauce until thick and glossy. At this point you can add the optional (but highly recommended) turkey juice.
- Salt to taste, strain the sauce and serve!
Powerful pumpkin pie
The humble pumpkin pie is (arguably) the best part of any Thanksgiving celebration with its puff pastry, seasonal filling, and fresh whipped cream filling. The only way to improve it? Add grass, of course! For cannabis infused pumpkin pieMake sure you choose a variety of weeds with a milder terpene profile. Nobody wants their pumpkin pie with hints of diesel, chemicals and skunk, after all! Spice up any Danksgiving celebration with this surprisingly powerful Thanksgiving Edible Recipe:
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/4 cup cold cannabutter
- 1 teaspoon cane sugar
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Prepare the edible pie crust at least an hour in advance to allow time for the pie crust to cool. To make the cannabis-infused pie crust, combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Cut the cannabis butter and regular butter into small cubes, the size of peas, and add them to the bowl. Work the butter into the batter with a spoon until the mixture is crumbly and the butter is evenly dispersed.
- Add the ice water one tablespoon at a time, stirring just enough to combine the water and flour. Do not over mix this dough and remember that the mixture should be crumbly and not at all wet and sticky.
- Invert the dough onto a clean surface and gather it into a tight ball. Wrap and store in the fridge for at least an hour and up to a full week before use.
- Before assembling your Thanksgiving Edible Pumpkin Pie recipe, be sure to preheat your oven to the fan-favorite temperature of 420 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Shape the pie dough by removing your dough from its packaging and placing it on a clean, lightly floured surface. Roll out the dough evenly to about a quarter-inch thick, then lift and place (gently) into a well-greased pie pan.
- At this point, you’ll need to blind bake your pie crust, which just means pre-bake it a bit so the filling doesn’t make the crust all wet. Use specialized baking weights or (in a pinch) beans in parchment paper to weight the crust as you pre-bake it for ten to fifteen minutes, or until firm, but not browned.
- For the pie filling, combine the pumpkin puree, condensed milk, two eggs, pumpkin pie spice mix and a pinch of salt in a large mixing bowl. Pour the filling into the pre-baked crust and place in the oven. Bake for fifteen minutes at 420 degrees, then finish the pie at 350 degrees for another 40 minutes or until done.
- Take your cannabis-infused pumpkin pie out of the oven and let it sit for at least 45 minutes, or until it comes to room temperature. Serve with a big dollop of whipped cream!
Before you cook your edible Thanksgiving recipes
Before you start your Danksgiving party, take the time to think about your doses. To remember pace your Thanksgiving edibles if you plan to make all three recipes. Consider lowering these doses if you have a low tolerance to weed, if you are cooking this meal for non-smokers, or if your cannabutter is very strong. It’s easy to overdoing it with edibles, especially when they taste so good. All warnings aside, you can really get creative with this! You only have one chance per year to try these three edible Thanksgiving recipes, so make it count. Look for weed strains to match your terpenes to your food flavors, or (if you’re ambitious) you can try injecting the Thanksgiving turkey itself with canna butter. Just enjoy your cannabis-infused Thanksgiving edible recipes and be sure to thank anyone who has thought of making edibles with more than just brownies.
#Thanksgiving #Edible #Recipes #Danksgiving