Having a Missouri MMJ card makes it easy and safe to purchase the medical marijuana (MMJ) products you need in the state of Missouri. MMJ has been fully legal in the state of Missouri since 2018, and the industry has gone from strength to strength. There are over 200 dispensaries in the state of Missouri, selling a wide range of MMJ products – from pre-rolls to edibles to oils.
Have a Map Missouri MMJ is the only way to legally buy these products. Missouri does not accept out-of-state cards, so you will need a specific Missouri MMJ card to purchase the products you need. Fortunately, the Missouri medical card application process is inexpensive and straightforward. If you’ve decided this is the year you want to try MMJ treatment, read on for our guide on how to get your Missouri MMJ card in 2022 — and all the benefits it can bring you.
What Qualifies for Medical Marijuana in Missouri?
the conditions that qualify for a Missouri MMJ card includes the following:
- Refractory migraines not responding to treatment
- Hepatitis C
- Huntington’s disease
- sickle cell anemia
- Alzheimer’s disease restlessness
- A chronic medical condition that would benefit from MMJ treatment rather than standard prescription medication that could lead to physical and/or physiological dependence
Other conditions considered terminal/chronic may also be eligible for a Missouri MMJ card. Your Missouri State doctor will discuss your current health condition and medical history during your consultation to decide if your condition would benefit from MMJ treatment.
What is the Missouri medical marijuana application process?
So how easy is it to get a medical card at MO? Fortunately, it’s not difficult to get your Missouri medical card online if you have an eligible condition. The process is simple and can be done entirely online from the comfort of your own home.
- Simply register online via the MMJRecs Portalwhich involves uploading a photo of your Missouri driver’s license and completing a quick medical questionnaire.
- From there, you can arrange a consultation with a state-licensed doctor – it only takes about 10 minutes.
- If the doctor decides you will benefit from MMJ treatment, they will complete and email your certification form to you within 48 hours. You can use this form for your Missouri MMJ card application, by logging in through the Missouri Medical Marijuana Online Application page.
- Once your application has been registered by the State of Missouri, you will receive your Missouri MMJ card via email. Simply print this card and you can use it to purchase MMJ at state dispensaries. Missouri does not issue physical cards, so this printed email will be your ID. You will usually receive this email within 30 days.
The process is also inexpensive. The application fee for the Missouri MMJ card (paid directly to the state processing office) is currently just over $25 – it must also be repaid when renewing your card. The fee for your online consultation through MMJRecs is an additional $129.99, but will only be charged if you are deemed eligible for a Missouri MMJ card.
You can buy up to four ounces of medical marijuana every 30 days in Missouri. You can also grow up to six flowering plants in your house. If you want to grow medical marijuana at home in Missouri, you must apply for an ID card from the Missouri Department of Health, which costs $100.
So is it legal to use medical marijuana in public in Missouri? According to Missouri MMJ law, medical marijuana can only be consumed in a private place in the state. It is illegal to consume MMJ in a vehicle or in a public place. It is important that you respect this when using MMJ and ensure that you use it in a private area to stay legal.
Medical marijuana can provide a wide range of benefits for people with a qualifying condition. It can offer pain relief as well as relaxation of body and mind. If you think you could benefit from MMJ, log in and start your journey with MMJRecs today!
#MMJRecs #Missouri #MMJ #Card