If you are a regular smoker, you should be well aware of the importance of a clean bowl. However, cleaning a dirty bowl on a regular basis can be quite complicated if you don’t know what you’re doing.
From finding the right pipe cleaning solution to finding the right cleaning method, you can easily find yourself in trouble. But don’t worry, we’re here to help. Let’s go.
Why should you always use a clean bowl?
Before we dive into determining the best cleaning process for your glass bong or ceramic bowl, we need to understand why this is all so important. When you start with a brand new glass pipe or bong, it is clean and shiny. However, with continued use, the entire pipe accumulates blackened residue that interferes with your smoking experience.
This residue, called resin, is the byproduct of the weed you smoked. While some people prefer to just scrape off that charred residue, we’ll teach you how to properly clean a bowl.
Benefits of using a clean bowl
Learning how to clean a pipe bowl isn’t just a chore you have to do. here are the benefits you can reap once you know how to clean your bowl regularly.
Persistent residues in dirty pipes are highly flammable. Therefore, it can be a serious fire hazard if you are not careful.
You can burn your hands and face while smoking. Also, if you leave the pipe unattended and it catches fire, you run the risk of burning down your apartment.
You also need to know how to clean a glass bowl for your own health. Residues left in dirty pipes are highly carcinogenic. Therefore, never cleaning your glass parts can lead to cancer after years of inhaling carcinogens.
Moreover, even though cannabis has its health benefits and medicinal uses, the same cannot be said for the residue in your dirty pipe. A resin shot can irritate the throat and prolonged smoking can cause sore throat and hoarse voice. Naturally, it doesn’t taste good either.
It works better
A dirty bowl of pipe can block the passage of smoke through the pipe. The dirtier your pipe gets, the worse your smoking experience becomes.
Therefore, learning how to clean a bowl is an investment in a better smoking experience every time.
It tastes better
The accumulated residue has a very bitter and unpleasant taste. As a result, it tarnishes the original taste, making it difficult to decipher its quality. However, without all the resin and ash, the taste becomes so much more enjoyable.
Methods to clean your pipe and glass bowl
Now that we know how important it is to learn how to clean a bowl, we can move on to all the methods you can use to do so.
Clean your bowl with rubbing alcohol
For our first method, Let’s see how to clean your bowl with alcohol. You will need:
- Isopropylic alcohol
- Kosher salt
- A Ziploc bag
- A pipe cleaner
- Something to scrape off the residue with, for example, a needle, cotton swab, etc.
Ideally, try using ninety percent isopropyl alcohol or rubbing alcohol, for this method. The stronger the alcohol, the faster it will work to break down the remaining residue.
Here is what you need to do:
- Use a pipe cleaner or any other small object like a needle or paperclip to scrape large pieces of residue from the piece of glass
- Completely fill the Ziploc bag with rubbing alcohol
- Make sure the glass pipe is completely immersed in the alcohol
- Add 1 tablespoon of coarse salt to the bag
- Shake the resealable plastic bag vigorously so that all the loose resin comes off
- Make sure the salt inside reaches all the crevices of the glass pipe by shaking it well
- Rinse the pipe and remove any remaining resin with a pipe cleaner, cotton swab, cotton swab, or paper towel
For extremely dirty glass pipes, the preferred cleaning method is to soak them in this mixture of alcohol and salt for a few hours.. Hardened residue softens and breaks off, making it easier to clean the pipe.
Clean your bowl without alcohol
We know what you’re thinking. Corn how do i clean my bowl if i don’t want to use alcohol.
Well, don’t worry. We have you.
Here is everything you need:
- Boiling water
- A pipe cleaner
Yes, that’s all you need to learn how to clean a pipe case without using alcohol. This method is perhaps the easiest and most convenient of all.
Then follow these steps:
- Fill a pot with up to four inches of water so that you can completely submerge your pipe in it.
- Lower the heat and keep the water simmering so that it does not evaporate quickly
- Now place your glass pipe inside this jar
- Soak the pipe for almost half an hour in this simmering water
- Rinse the pipe and use the cotton swab to get rid of any remaining residue
For particularly dirty glass pipes, you may need to repeat this procedure several times.
Clean your bowl with baking soda and vinegar
Learning how to clean a glass bowl doesn’t require a lot of products. You can simply use household items and ingredients for this purpose.
A mixture of baking soda and vinegar is very bubbly and helps loosen resin. You can use it as the main method to clean your pipe or use it before the cleaning methods mentioned above to clean the pipe faster.
Here is what you need to do:
- Place the glass tube in the bottom of a Tupperware container
- Add lukewarm water to soak the pipe
- Add equal parts baking soda and vinegar
- Leave it for five minutes
- Finally, remove the remaining residue with cotton swabs
Alternative products to clean your bowl
How do you clean a smoker when you don’t have any of the above products? Here are some alternatives you can use.
Sand can successfully remove residue from the pipe. You can scrub in the sand using cotton swabs or a brush to unclog the glass piece, then use lukewarm water to give it a final rinse.
Salt and vinegar
Table salt and vinegar work the same way as vinegar and baking soda. In just a few minutes, the fizzy reaction will dislodge the residue.
Denture tablets also produce a fizzy reaction in water. You can use them to speed up the process. Then give the hose a quick rinse to clean it thoroughly.
Similarly, you can use dishwashing liquid, lemon juice or a specialty bong cleaning solution for quick cleaning.
Some useful tips
- To get rid of water spots, soak the pipe in warm water and lemon juice for 15 minutes and use a pipe cleaner to wipe it off.
- Do not immediately immerse the hose in cold water after taking it out of lukewarm water; let it air dry first.
- Freeze the pipe for a few hours to help remove the residue faster.
- Clean the bowl regularly to make the process faster and easier.
Keep your bowl clean!
Learning how to clean your glass smoking accessories makes smoking a better experience. Plus, you don’t lose anything by being a little more responsible when smoking weed; it only improves to taste.
Plus, you can find the best way to clean a bowl on your own with regular cleaning. We hope you found this article useful.