For those who dabble occasionally, it might seem like grass is grass, and there’s not much in between. However, for insiders, many factors come into play when it comes to the plant.
The most apparent differences come from the strains you consume, with some creating a feeling of euphoric calm and others a feeling of ecstatic energy!
The strain you choose will have a significant impact on the satisfaction you receive and the effects you experience. But what are the main strains, and how do you choose between them?
What are the effects of cannabis?
The effects of cannabis are complex as it can stimulate, depress or do both. It can cause euphoria, relaxation, increased appetite or memory problems.
The effects of cannabis vary from person to person. Nevertheless, cannabis use has many benefits, including relief from chronic pain, glaucoma, cancer treatment, multiple sclerosis, and other conditions.
These effects are mainly caused by the main ingredient tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). THC is a chemical found in the cannabis plant and harvested from the hemp flower. It is the active ingredient in marijuana that produces the effects common to weed.
When THC enters the bloodstream, it reacts with cannabinoid receptors in the brain. This reaction creates an intoxicating effect on users by increasing their heart rate, lowering blood pressure, and widening the airways. Users can enjoy a wide range of results based on:
- If you are a regular user
- The mode of consumption
What are the predominant strains?
In recent years, cannabis strains have been developed to contain higher levels of THC and CBD to help people with their medical conditions. They have also been designed with a wider range of flavors and smells to satisfy even more tastes. Strains are generally classified into three categories:
Generally speaking, Indica strains are better suited for evening use, while Sativa strains are better suited for daytime use. Hybrid strains offer a nice mix of Indica and Sativa properties so you can use them any time of the day.
the Indica variety cannabis is a variety of cannabis originating from the Indian subcontinent, hence its name. He has a higher percentage of CBD and lower percentage of THC. This balances the effects and creates a more powerful body high than its Sativa counterpart.
While Indica strains almost always contain higher levels of CBD and lower levels of THC, that doesn’t mean they have small amounts of THC, just lower than Sativa strains.
You can get a calming effect using the Indica strain of cannabis. It’s usually the best option for people with insomnia, chronic pain, and muscle spasms.
Most people smoke this option at night to ensure restful sleep. Plus, it’s a fantastic choice for anyone looking to decompress after a hard day’s work.
Indica could be the perfect choice for you if you want to experiment with the following:
- A general feeling of contentment throughout your body.
- To become completely relaxed and unwind.
- To increase your appetite (try to keep your food healthy).
- To relieve minor aches and pains.
Indica is best suited for the following activities:
- Watch a movie
- General cooling
- Play (some) video games
- Listen to music
- Relax in a hot tub
- Out with friends
- Read a book
- Listen to podcasts
- Visit a spa (nothing beats a massage on an Indica high!)
- Get ready for bed
the Sativa strain cannabis is known for its uplifting and energizing effects. Users report feeling more alert and focused after consuming Sativa. Sativa plants are taller and finer than Indica plants which are short and bushy.
Sativa plants tend to have higher levels of THC, the psychoactive compound in cannabis, than Indica plants. Many people appreciate the effects of Sativa because it can make you more creative and active.
However, the aspects that make Sativa so beneficial also make it a terrific option for those looking for something more relaxing. Still, if you want to smoke during the day but need to stay alert and aware, this might be the best choice for you.
Sativa could be the perfect choice for you if you want to experience the following:
- A high that is mostly in your head, leaving your body feeling active.
- To stay alert and ready for the day.
- An uplifting feeling of euphoria.
- A higher form of creativity that allows you to see things from a different perspective.
- Enough energy to follow through on your creative thoughts!
Sativa is best suited for the following activities:
- Go out for a walk
- Play (some) video games
- write something (story, diary)
- Drawing and art
- Out with friends
- Cook delicious meals
- Clean and organize your home
- Make love !
- do yoga
- Visit a museum
Although the two strains discussed earlier are the most common, it is not uncommon to find hybrid variations. Hybrid Strains cannabis are a mixture of two or more different types of cannabis that have been hybridized together to produce a new strain.
Hybridization is usually done for many reasons, but most often for the purpose of creating increased potency, higher yield, better resistance to pests and diseases, or greater variation in effects.
The goal of a hybrid strain is to combine the best attributes of both strains to create a new, more potent and higher quality product.
The advantage of using a hybrid strain is that you can often find one that gives you the best of all the things you want to achieve. For example, you might want to relax with your friends while having engaging conversations. Maybe you want to take a walk in nature but crave the pain-relieving effects of CBD-rich strains.
Everything you need you can usually find, but be aware that you can fall into an information hole if you’re not careful!
How to Select the Perfect Strain
Now that you have a general overview of Indica and Sativa, you may still be wondering which is right for you. Nevertheless, you will be able to choose the right option if you ask yourself a few questions.
- What are you trying to achieve? : In other words, what do you want to get out of your experience? Do you want to keep your faculties around or are you preparing for a good night’s sleep?
- Know your tolerance levels: Don’t master the strain; you might find yourself panicking if you opt for one that contains exceptionally high levels of THC. You should never forget that just because some strains usually have lower levels doesn’t mean they don’t!
- How are you going to consume it? : This is the last question you need to ask yourself because some methods will hit you faster and harder than others. For example, ingestion is generally a much longer experience, while smoking will give a quick puff but will taper off faster. So if you want to spend a fun day trekking in nature with your friends, Sativa-infused pastries will be a better bet than an Indica joint (although you should bring some if you’re going camping!).
Indica and Sativa are the two most important cannabis strains, and each has extremely varied effects. The option you choose will depend on what you want to achieve and get out of the experience. There is no right answer; it’s just up to you.
#Expert #Tips #Choosing #Sativa #Indica